Union College Mathematics Placement Exam 2021
Congratulations on your admission to Union College!
Students' high-school mathematics backgrounds vary widely, so to help us determine the appropriate mathematics course for you, we ask you to take a short placement examination. This should take you about forty minutes.
Note that you do have to take the placement exam even if you took an AP calculus exam.
You may find the following information helpful:
- What you need when taking the exam
- Instructions and an example problem
- Tips on taking the exam
- How to handle network problems
- What to do if you've taken an AP exam
- What to do if you have a learning disability
- How we use the exam
- The Mathematics program at Union
- The Mathematics Department home page
Once you fill out the information in the following questionnaire, you will be given the instructions for the placement examination, and can begin. You can view the questionnaire below without filling it out yet, if you wish.