Placement Exam and AP Exam Scores

Every incoming Union College student must take the Mathematics Placement Exam. The placement exam is not optional.

You must take the placement exam even if you have taken an AP exam. We use both your AP exam score and your score on our own placement exam to recommend a math course that is appropriate for you.

If you have taken an AP exam, be sure that you have requested that an official copy of your exam score be sent to Union College. This copy should go to the Registrar's Office, not the Mathematics Department. We can not tell you whether the College has received your score; you will need to contact the Registrar for that.

Please contact if you experience technical difficulties.