- Continuing development of the
StageToolssuite of mathematical tools for the
Geomviewgraphics program. These programs provide a means of generating and animating geometric objects in arbitrary dimensions, and can be used to create video clips, still images, or interactive demonstrations.
- Development of problems for the WeBWorK homework-delovery system now used in a number of our calculus courses. Maintain the system on our department server, including customization of the programs that are part of the WeBWorK package.
- Developed electronic announcement system for maintaining our department seminar series via a forms-based web interface. (See the list of seminars for the Union College math department.)
- Wrote and maintain software for handling Math Department card-course registration.
- Wrote and maintain software for evaluating incoming fresham summer placement exams.
- Wrote and maintain software for creating class mailing lists automatically from the registrar's on-line class lists.
- Wrote and maintain miscellaneous scripts for managing the math department web server and analyzing its web logs.
- Continue development of miscellaneous programs and scripts for doing mathematical research and maintaining several computers.
- Wrote and maintain a set of TeX macros in use by our department secretary for producing quizzes and exams.