You are responsible for the following items:
- Doing the assigned reading before class,
- Thinking about the homework questions before class,
- Coming on time to class, prepared to contribute,
- Bringing your book with you to class,
- Turning in your papers and other assignments on time, and
- Following the procedures and policies listed on this website.
One of the key elements to critical reading and critical thinking is to make connections. For us, these will be connections within a text, or between one text and another. As you do the readings, you should be particularly watchful for themes that connect the various parts of our texts. We will discuss what this means as we go along.